R. Braxton Hill III advises clients on tax-advantaged strategies for investments, acquisitions, mergers, tax-deferred exchanges, reorganizations and tax accounting for operations. His practice also includes business succession and estate planning for investors and business owners.
His client base is mainly closely-held corporations, partnerships, LLCs, estates and trusts. The clients are both domestic and foreign, advising US investors on overseas transactions and foreign nationals on US transactions.
Braxton has a special emphasis on tax controversies and IRS cases in tax administrative examinations, collection, appeals and tax litigation matters in federal and state courts.
- University of Virginia School of Commerce; B.S., 1968
- University of Virginia School of Law; J.D., 1971
- Virginia State Bar; Former Chairman, Committee on Cooperation with Affiliated Professions
- Joint IRS/Virginia Department of Taxation Practitioner Communications Committee; Former Member
- American Bar Association; Section of Taxation, Committee on Tax Accounting, Committee on Individual Investments and Workouts, Section of Real Property, Probate and Trust Law, Committee on Special Problems of Business Owners
Rate : $$$