R. Craig Fitzenreiter has been practicing law for over 30 years and he focuses his practice on the representation of financial institutions in connection with loans and other financing transactions, including term loans, lines of credit, liquidity facilities, letters of credit and direct purchases of revenue bonds, with emphasis on real estate financing and tax-exempt revenue bond financing. He also has extensive experience representing financial institutions in loan modifications and out-of-court workouts.
Representative Matters : Craig’s experience has given him technical and practical understanding and knowledge regarding structuring, documenting and closing complex financing transactions. Examples include:
- Represented an agent bank in a $400 million syndicated construction loan for re-development of the Southwest Waterfront of Washington, D.C. as a mixed use development.
- Lender’s counsel in connection with a $27.5 million loan to finance the acquisition of a hotel property in northern Virginia and its conversion to multi-family housing use.
- Lender’s counsel in connection with refinancing in an approximate amount of $8 million for hotel properties located in Northern Virginia.
- Bank counsel in connection with real estate acquisition financing for a charitable organization, including approximately $56 million in taxable loans and the bank’s purchase of a tax-exempt revenue bond of approximately $45 million.
- Bank counsel in connection with the purchase of a tax-exempt revenue bond in an amount of approximately $26 million for the National Aquarium in Baltimore.
- Counsel to providers of liquidity lines of credit to support an approximately $175 million tax-exempt commercial paper program for a hospital system.
Professional and Community Involvement : Maryland State Bar Association (Member of the special joint committee of the Business Law Section and the Real Property, Planning and Zoning Section of Maryland State Bar Association, which issued its report on Attorney Opinions in Business Transactions in June of 2007, serving as co-chair of the Perfection and Priorities subcommittee)
- University of Maryland School of Law, J.D., with honor, 1986
- University of Maryland, B.A., 1983
BAR ADMISSIONS : Maryland, Virginia
Rate : $$$