R. Eric Bilik serves as the office managing partner and leader of the Jacksonville office’s complex commercial litigation group. He has practiced for 22 years in the area of commercial litigation, with an emphasis on complex business and financial litigation matters.
His litigation experience includes a wide array of commercial contract matters, business torts, real property disputes, and distribution and franchising matters in federal and state courts and arbitral forums.
In addition to commercial litigation, Eric’s practice includes the representation of corporate fiduciaries in trust and fiduciary litigation matters. Eric is a member of the Sedona Conference and frequently speaks to law departments, bar and industry groups on electronic discovery issues.
Eric also spent one year as in-house litigation counsel for Michelin North America, Inc., with responsibility for managing commercial franchising matters.
- Representation of a national rail transportation company in numerous lawsuits by adjoining landowners and residents challenging existing operations and planned rail facilities. Obtained summary judgment based upon federal preemption in four separate cases. Three cases subsequently appealed and affirmed by the Eleventh Circuit Court of Appeals.
- Representation of national bank in putative federal court class action seeking to certify a class of borrowers with allegedly improperly calculated ARM adjustments. Obtained summary judgment on individual plaintiff’s claim prior to class certification. Affirmed by the Eleventh Circuit Court of Appeals.
- Representation of national franchisor in Lanham Act false advertising action against terminated franchisees. Obtained preliminary injunction and case resolved with entry of stipulated final judgment.
- Representation of international power company in federal court litigation resulting from construction of power plant in Pakistan. Favorable settlement achieved.
- Duke University School of Law, JD, 1993
- Johns Hopkins University, BA, Political Science, 1990
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the 11th Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Florida
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Florida
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Florida
- Member, Florida Bar Association
- Member, Working Group 1, Sedona Conference
- Member, Jacksonville Bar Association
- Member, Federal Bar Association
Rate : $$$$