R. Mark Glover is a veteran litigator who defends clients in general commercial litigation, banking disputes, class actions, trusts and estates litigation, securities and complex litigation of a commercial nature, and employment litigation matters.
Mr. Glover regularly defends clients in civil proceedings in both state and federal courts. His practice frequently involves the representation of publicly traded companies, and he has also advised companies on internal control and internal corporate investigation matters.
Mr. Glover is the managing shareholder of the Firm’s Memphis office and is former chair of the Firm’s litigation section. He has appeared on the panel of several seminars, including presentations sponsored by the Memphis Bar Association’s Young Lawyers Division, the National Business Institute and the Tennessee Bar Association.
He has also made numerous presentations and lectures on complex litigation management, employment and human resources issues as well as internal corporate investigations and retail loss and liability prevention.
- Duke University School of Law, J.D., 1979
- Ouachita Baptist University, B.A., 1976, with highest honors
ADMISSIONS : Tennessee, 1979
- Counsel to both publicly traded companies and privately owned companies in internal corporate investigations and “whistleblower” situations.
- Defended financial institution in federal jury trial against allegations of fraud, resulting in judgment in favor of client.
- Successfully represented a financial institution in a suit brought by the Department of Justice relating to federal student loan program.
- Represented major financial institution in class action litigation involving claims relating to overdraft fees on debit card transactions.
- Successfully represented national bank in shareholder derivative action against bank and investors and officers alleging mismanagement, fraud and breach of duties.
- Participated in negotiation and settlement of class action employment case.
- Defended national bank in private credit card financing class action.
- Successfully defended multi-level sales company in three class action suits.
Professional Honors & Activities:
- Fellow – Memphis Bar Foundation
- Member of Board of Directors – Memphis Orchestral Society, Executive Committee and Legal Counsel
- Member – Dean’s Advisory Council, University of Memphis School of Law
- Member – Alumni Advisory Counsel, Duke University School of Law
- Former Member – Leo Bearman Sr. American Inns of Court
- Former Adjunct Professor of Law – University of Memphis Cecil C. Humphreys School of Law
- Former Co-Chair TBA Subcommittee on Title Insurance Law
Rate : $$$