R. Matthew Martin has over 30 years of experience in complex commercial litigation, including contract disputes, creditors’ rights, securities, corporate governance, product liability and bankruptcy.
He has appeared as lead counsel in state and federal courts throughout the United States and has tried over 50 jury trials. Mr. Martin also served as general counsel for legacy firm McKenna Long & Aldridge.
Mr. Martin has been named by Georgia Trend magazine as one of Georgia’s Legal Elite; recognized as one of Georgia’s Super Lawyers; named a “Local Litigation Star” in Benchmark Litigation; recognized individually in Chambers USA; and honored as one of the Best Lawyers in America.
Mr. Martin graduated summa cum laude from Duke University with a B.S. degree in accounting in 1978. He graduated magna cum laude from the University of Georgia School of Law in 1981, where he was a member of the Law Review, Order of the Coif, and graduated second in his class.
- University of Georgia School of Law, 1981, JD, magna cum laude
- Duke University, 1978, BS, summa cum laude
Admissions and qualifications:
- Court of Appeals for the State of Georgia
- Supreme Court of Georgia
- US Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit
- US District Court for the Eastern District of Tennessee
- US District Court for the Middle District of Georgia
Activities and Affiliations : Law Review, Order of the Coif
Rate : $$$