R. Scott Kilgore is an experienced corporate lawyer with a practice focused on the representation of companies and executives in matters involving employment, executive compensation and employee benefits.
He has represented individuals, startups and domestic and multinational corporations in a variety of transactions and has provided valuable advice relating to employees and compensation, including ERISA, tax and securities counseling.
Mr. Kilgore regularly drafts and negotiates employment, retention, severance and parachute agreements for employers and individuals, both as a part of transactions and as individual advice. He designs, and advises on the implementation of, executive, equity and deferred compensation programs.
Mr. Kilgore represents domestic and multinational corporations in the employment and benefits issues arising from acquisitions, dispositions and public offerings.
He provides or oversees multidisciplinary advice relating to employees or compensation, including ERISA, tax and securities counseling, as well as the web of employment and disclosure laws that govern the workplace. Mr. Kilgore’s clients range in size from individual executives to start-ups to multinational corporations.
Mr. Kilgore is a member of the business, tax (executive compensation) and labor sections of the American Bar Association and the National Association of Stock Plan Professionals. He was the Moderator of the Executive Compensation and Employee Benefits Forum on Counsel Connect, an online forum for lawyers, from 1994 to 1998.
- Drafting and negotiating the key employment and compensation documents on behalf of the management team in a $3 billion acquisition of a financial services firm
- Representing a major media company and a health claims auditing firm with respect to executive compensation and senior executive employment matters
- Advising a large government and defense contractor on employment and benefits issues in a major acquisition
- Providing human resources and benefits guidance to a student loan manager with respect to acquisitions and dispositions
- Advising companies with respect to multistate downsizings and layoffs, including WARN Act and severance issues.
- JD, University of Virginia School of Law, 1985
- BA, Virginia Tech, 1982
ADMISSIONS : Virginia, District of Columbia.
Rate : $$$