R. Timothy Bryan practices in the area of corporate law with a focus on commercial finance, including mezzanine and unitranche lending. Mr. Bryan represents lenders, other capital providers, equity sponsors and portfolio companies in a wide range of debt transactions, as well as representing private equity funds and emerging and middle-market companies in investments and acquisitions.
He also provides general corporate advice to private equity and other companies. In bankruptcy matters, Mr. Bryan represents creditors, including lenders and other capital providers, in pre-petition loans, debtor-in-possession financing and cash collateral matters; intellectual property licensors in license assumptions and transfers; asset purchasers in bankruptcy sales; and landlords.
Mr. Bryan was formerly special counsel at the NASDAQ Stock Market, Inc., in Washington D.C., where he advised the general counsel of NASDAQ on appeals of decisions to delist companies from its regulated electronic markets.
- Represented a major non-bank lender, as agent, in a $46 million secured unitranche credit facility to a media and marketing company.
- Represented a major non-bank lender, as agent, in a $60 million secured unitranche credit facility to a media and marketing company.
- Represented a major non-bank lender, as agent, in a $17.5 million secured unitranche credit facility to a manufacturer of drilling and mining products.
- Represented a private-equity backed platform company offering telecommunications services in a mezzanine loan to support an add-on acquisition.
- Represented a private equity fund in the $100 million acquisition of an instrument division of a major electronics-equipment manufacturer with facilities in seven countries.
- Represented a telecommunications testing company in the $50 million sale of its assets to a Fortune 100 manufacturing company.
- Represented a telecommunications company in a joint venture with a company based in the Netherlands for the marketing of telecommunications services.
- Represented an automotive finance company in the placement of $40 million of notes secured by automobile loans.
- Represented an equipment lessor in the placement of $25 million of notes secured by leases of computer equipment.
- Represented a telecommunications equipment manufacturer in connection with a $120 million vendor finance facility in the bankruptcy proceedings of a telecommunications company.
- Represented a securitized loan servicer in connection with $45 million of debt, secured by commercial real estate in four states, in the chapter 11 proceedings of a borrower and the subsequent asset sale.
- Represented a strategic purchaser of assets in a debtor-in-possession financing and asset acquisition in the bankruptcy proceedings of a telecommunications company.
- District of Columbia
- U.S. District Court for the District of Columbia
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Virginia
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Virginia
- U.S. District Court for the Central District of California
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of California
- University of North Carolina School of Law, J.D., 1991
- North Carolina State University, B.A., summa cum laude, 1987
- American Bar Association
- American Bankruptcy Institute
- Walter C. Chandler American Inns of Court
- Turnaround Management Association
- Association for Corporate Growth
Rate : $$$