Rachael Schiffman’s practice involves representing clients in a variety of complex civil and regulatory matters, including internal investigations, business tort claims and contract disputes. Ms. Schiffman’s client base covers a variety of industries, including entertainment, fashion, banking, accounting and insurance.
Ms. Schiffman also has experience representing clients throughout all phases of the alternative dispute resolution process, including mediation and arbitration. Ms. Schiffman’s representative matters include:
- conducting an internal investigation of a major insurance firm’s actuarial group following whistleblower allegations regarding certain reporting metrics;
- supporting a major entertainment client in its internal investigation of potential violations of the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act;
- defending a national bank against multiple tort claims, including aiding and abetting fraud and embezzlement;
- representing a pop star in successfully regaining ownership of the rights to her music, which were fraudulently obtained by her former manager; and
Ms. Schiffman also is passionate about pro bono legal work. Currently, she is representing a group of tenants bringing affirmative claims for housing discrimination and a family seeking asylum.
Past cases include defending clients in unlawful detainer actions, representing a veteran in traffic court, assisting Holocaust survivors in obtaining reparations from the German government, and drafting an amicus brief in support of maintaining the confidentiality of a minor’s psychiatric records.
Ms. Schiffman also is a member of Skadden’s Immigration Impact Project steering committee, a firmwide initiative to encourage and support pro bono immigration work. While at Loyola Law School, Ms. Schiffman was a technical editor for the Loyola Law Review, a Sayre MacNeil scholar and a member of the Vis International Commercial Arbitration Moot Court team. She also is fluent in Spanish.
- J.D., Loyola Law School Los Angeles, 2013
- B.A., University of California, Berkeley, 2008
Admissions : California
Rate : $$$