Rachel Naor focuses primarily on complex litigation and class action defense. Rachel has experience litigating class actions, including multidistrict litigation, in California state courts and federal courts nationwide.
Rachel has extensive experience defending companies under California’s consumer protection statutes, including the California Consumer Legal Remedies Act (CLRA) and Business & Professions Code Section 17200.
Some of Rachel’s recent experience has focused on defending life insurance companies in putative class actions relating to the sale of life insurance and annuities.
In addition to class actions, Rachel has litigated business-to-business cases, including contract disputes. Rachel is also committed to pro bono work and has worked on immigration and civil rights matters.
Bar Admissions : California
- University of California, Los Angeles (J.D., 2012)
- University of California, Berkeley (B.A., 2007)
- Defeated class certification and won summary judgment on all claims on behalf of a life insurance company in a case alleging a scheme to fraudulently market deferred annuities to seniors.
- Obtained dismissal of a putative class action on behalf of a supplement manufacturer in a case alleging false advertising, unfair competition, violation of the California Consumer Legal Remedies Act, and breach of warranty.
- Obtained dismissal in a case alleging that the defendants’ organic infant formula contained ingredients prohibited in organic products by the California Organic Products Act.
- Representing a life insurance company in a cost of insurance charge litigation.
Rate : $$$$