Rachel M. Hoffer is senior counsel in the Labor and Employment Department in the Houston office of Seyfarth Shaw LLP. Ms. Hoffer focuses her practice on all aspects of labor and employment litigation and counseling, with an emphasis on wage and hour litigation.
She has represented employers before state and federal administrative agencies and before state and federal courts in matters arising under state and federal wage and hour laws, state and federal antidiscrimination laws, the Family and Medical Leave Act and its state counterparts, and other state laws, including wrongful discharge, contract, and tort claims.
Ms. Hoffer has advised clients regarding wage-hour issues under the Fair Labor Standards Act and state law, including issues related to independent contractors, exemptions, and “off the clock” work.
In addition, Ms. Hoffer has counseled employers regarding the Worker Adjustment and Retraining Notification Act, disability accommodations, employee terminations and discipline, and employee privacy.
- J.D., University of Virginia School of Law (2008)
- Executive Editor, Virginia Journal of Social Policy and the Law
- A.B., Duke University (2005)
- Certified Lean Six Sigma Green Belt
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Texas
- Tenth Circuit Court of Appeals
Rate : $$$$