Rachel Hofstatter focuses her practice primarily on the acquisition, protection and enforcement of intellectual property rights. She has represented clients from various industries in intellectual property litigation in federal court, at the US Patent and Trademark Office, and at the National Arbitration Forum.
Her litigation experience includes the prosecution and defense of trademark, trade dress, copyright and patent infringements, unfair competition, domain name, trademark oppositions, and false advertising claims.
Rachel also prosecutes trademark applications for registration in the United States and coordinates international registration, provides clients with analysis of conflicting marks, drafts licenses of intellectual property rights, and counsels clients on various trademark and copyright issues.
- International Trademark Association, Enforcement Committee (2016-2017, 2018-2019)
- International Trademark Association, Task Force Lead, Pretext Investigations Working Group (2018-2019)
- International Trademark Association, Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR) Committee (2012-2016)
- J.D., The George Washington University Law School, 2004, with highest honors; Senior Notes Editor, The George Washington Law Review; Order of the Coif; Merit Scholar
- B.A., Pennsylvania State University, 2001, with honors and with highest distinction; Phi Beta Kappa
Rate : $$$