Rachel A. Ramos is a member of the firm’s cross-border transactions practice group. Ms. Ramos received her J.D. from American University Washington College of Law where she was a senior staff member of the Journal of Gender, Social Policy and the Law. She also received her M.B.A. from American University Kogod School of Business. She earned her B.A. in Political Science from the University of Notre Dame.
Ms. Ramos served as an intern to the Office of the U.S. Trade Representative in the General Counsel’s office, focusing on WTO matters in the Western Hemisphere.Prior to joining, Akin Gump Ms. Ramos was a business analyst at College Summit, a national education non-profit dedicated to serving first generation students on their path to college.
- Ms. Ramos’ experience includes:
- representing a leading international emerging markets fund in connection with its acquisition of several educational facilities in Africa
- representing GE Capital Corp through the sale of its portfolio’s limited partnership interests, valued at US$1.3 billion
- representing a leading energy company in connection with the development of a major solar project
- representing a domestic bank and its foreign affiliate in various commercial, transactional and regulatory matters
- Ms. Ramos is a board member for OneDegree, an online platform dedicated to connecting low-income families with high quality service providers and community resources.
- J.D., American University, Washington College of Law, 2013
- M.B.A., American University, 2013
- B.A., University of Notre Dame, 2005
- District of Columbia
Rate : $$$$