Rachel I. Thompson is a member of the firm’s Financial Industry Group. Her practice focuses primarily on corporate reorganizations and restructurings, creditors’ rights, and trustee representation. While in law school, Rachel served on Law Review as the Articles Editor and the Assistant Editor in Chief & Managing Editor. She also interned for the Honorable Jeff Bohm of the United States Bankruptcy Court for the Southern District of Texas.
- South Texas College of Law, 2014, J.D., magna cum laude with High Honors
- John Carroll University, 2011, B.S., Financial Economics
Professional Admissions & Qualifications : Texas
Court Admissions :
- U.S. District Court – Southern District of Texas
- U.S. Court of Appeals – Fifth Circuit
Professional Affiliations :
- State Bar of Texas, Member
- Houston Bar Association, Member
- Houston Young Lawyers Association, Member
- Association of Women Attorneys, Member
- Counsel for various secured and unsecured creditors in numerous Chapter 11 cases.
- Representation of unsecured creditors committee in Chapter 11 case involving oil and gas exploration company.
- Representation of landlords of various medical facilities in Chapter 11 case.
- Representation of liquidating trustee in Chapter 11 case involving all aspects of case administration, including claim objections.
- Representation of Chapter 7 Trustees in connection with matters related to estate liquidation and administration.
- Participated in Oral Arguments before the Fifth Circuit, and successfully obtained remand of sentencing for defendant on appeal.
- Represented a claimant in a False Claims Act case against a Medicaid provider involving violations of the federal Anti-kickback Statute.
- Represented plaintiff in breach of contract case against former partners of an international software corporation.
- Defended energy-trading company in breach of contract and breach of fiduciary duty case against a former member of company.
Rate : $$$