Rafael M. Anchia represents financial institutions and public and private funds in a variety of transactions involving, among other things, senior and subordinated debt and equity, domestic and international syndications and distressed debt acquisitions and sales. He also maintains an active public finance practice.
Rafael is also involved in community affairs and public service having been elected twice to the Dallas ISD board of trustees and seven times as Texas State Representative for District 103, which includes parts of Dallas, Irving and Farmers Branch.
He has been consistently recognized for his public service, and Texas Monthly, Thomson Reuters, has named him one of the “10 Best Legislators,” (2007-2008) along with “Rookie of the Year” (2005-2006) and the “Bull of the Brazos” (2017-2018). Rafael serves as chair of the International Trade and Intergovernmental Affairs Committee and the Mexican American Legislative Caucus, the oldest and largest Latino caucus in the United States.
- J.D., Tulane University Law School, 1993
- B.A., Southern Methodist University, 1990, cum laude
CLERKSHIPS : Southern Methodist University in Spain, Madrid, 1989
ADMISSIONS : Texas
PROFESSIONAL AND COMMUNITY ACTIVITIES :
- Spain-Texas Chamber of Commerce, Board of Directors
- NALEO Education Fund Board, Past Chairman
- Education is Freedom, Board Secretary
- SMU Clements Center for Southwest Studies Advisory Board
- Leadership Dallas Alumni Association
- Dallas Assembly
- Oak Cliff Lions Club
Rate : $$$$