Ragen Marsh represents clients before the Georgia General Assembly, the governor’s office and executive agencies, as well as local governments throughout the state. He helps clients reach business goals by guiding them through complex legislative and procurement matters.
Since 2006, Ragen has helped clients ranging from Georgia-based small businesses to Fortune 500 companies navigate the Georgia General Assembly. He maintains strong working relationships with the elected officials driving public policy decisions and has adept knowledge of the processes, procedures and rules of the legislature.
He provides strategic and tactical guidance to clients and helps execute legislative campaigns through continuous outreach to legislators and executive branch officials. As part of Troutman Sanders Strategies’ procurement practice, Ragen also serves as an adviser on matters related to state and local government contracting.
He helps clients achieve business objectives by identifying opportunities that are beneficial to the needs of state and local governments as well as individual business organizations.
He guides clients in developing strategies to promote their products and services to governmental entities, while providing intelligence to assist clients in preparing winning responses to proposal requests.
Ragen regularly represents clients in connection with a broad range of public policy issues, including those related to economic development, technology, banking, insurance, the state budget, media, taxation and transportation.
He also often represents clients in a variety of procurement matters, including those related to private prisons, construction and engineering firms, technology services, and professional services.
Prior to joining Troutman Sanders Strategies, Ragen served as an attorney for the Majority Caucus of the Georgia House of Representatives. Representing members of House leadership, he testified on behalf of and managed key legislation in both bodies of the General Assembly.
Representative Matters :
- Represents one of the world’s largest automobile manufacturers on public policy matters; recently helped it secure passage of Georgia’s first statute governing autonomous vehicles.
- Helped a large technology company secure passage of Georgia’s first statute governing the rideshare industry.
- Successfully represented an internationally recognized nonprofit in implementing statewide criminal justice reform through a comprehensive rewrite of Georgia’s criminal and juvenile code.
- Represents a Georgia-based technology company that recently secured legislation to implement statewide civil e-filing.
Professional and Community Involvement :
- Leadership Georgia, Class of 2016
- Leadership Academy, Young Lawyers Division, State Bar of Georgia, Class of 2006
Professional Experience : Assistant General Counsel, Georgia House of Representatives Majority Caucus.
- University of Alabama School of Law, J.D., 2003
- University of Georgia, B.A., 2000
COURT ADMISSIONS :
- Supreme Court of Georgia
- Georgia Court of Appeals
BAR ADMISSIONS : Georgia
Rate : $$$