Rahul Mukhi is member of Cleary Gottlieb Steen & Hamilton LLP. Rahul Mukhi’s practice focuses on criminal, securities, and other enforcement and regulatory matters as well as on complex commercial litigation.
Rahul joined the firm in 2005. From 2010 to 2016, Rahul worked in the U.S. Attorney’s Office for the Southern District of New York as an Assistant U.S. Attorney. He was a lead prosecutor on significant cases involving public corruption, cybercrime, financial and tax fraud, health care fraud, money laundering, and international organized crime. During his tenure, he conducted 10 jury trials and was responsible for some of the office’s most high-profile matters. Rahul received the Attorney General’s Award for Distinguished Service, one of the U.S. Department of Justice’s highest honors.
Rahul rejoined the firm as counsel in 2016. Both before and after his time at the U.S. Attorney’s Office, Rahul has represented numerous corporations and individuals in connection with government and regulatory investigations, and he has spoken and written about issues related to criminal law, anti-corruption, cybersecurity, and foreign sovereign immunity. He became a partner in 2019.
- National Amusements and the Redstone Family in Delaware Chancery Court litigation against CBS Corporation and certain members of its board of directors concerning CBS’s attempt to dilute NAI’s voting control of CBS, ending in a favorable settlement rescinding dilutive stock dividend and dismissal of all claims.
- Petrobras and current and former officers and directors in securities fraud class action litigation and 29 individual actions in the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York in connection with Operation Carwash — reportedly the largest corruption scandal in Latin American history.
- Punjab National Bank in U.S. proceedings arising out of India’s biggest-ever bank scam involving Nirav Modi and Mehul Choski, including in connection with investigations being conducted by the U.S. Bankruptcy Examiner and court-appointed Trustee.
- Harvard Law School, J.D., 2005
- Brown University, B.S., 1999
- New York
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of New York and Southern District of New York
Rate : $$$