Heading the Firm’s Registered Funds Practice, Rajib Chanda focuses on registered fund product development, design and structure. He has particular experience in helping alternative asset managers access retail investor channels through mutual funds, business development companies, closed-end funds, exchange-traded funds, permanent capital vehicles and M&A transactions.
Based in our Washington, D.C. office, Rajib has regularly represented Blackstone (including GSO), KKR, Oaktree, Carlyle and Ares, among others, on registered fund formation, transactional and regulatory matters. Rajib also provides counsel to boards of registered funds, and was named Independent Counsel of the Year at the 2018 Mutual Funds Awards.
The latest edition of Chambers USA reports that clients say that “he is exceptional” and that “he is responsive, commercial, and has the ability to be creative and think outside the box.” The latest edition of The Legal 500 says that he is “an industry thought leader who provides cutting edge advice on the most difficult questions.”
Rajib previously co-chaired the Firm’s Diversity Committee, and currently serves as one of the Firm’s Hiring Partners and as the Administrative Partner for the Washington office.
- Harvard Law School, 2000 J.D.
- cum laude; Editor-in-Chief, Harvard Negotiation Law Review; Hewlett Foundation Law & Negotiation Fellow
- Brown University, 1997 A.B. (Economics)
- with honors
- Advisory Board, Mutual Fund Directors Forum
- Member, ABA Task Force on Fund Directors
- Member, Fund Board Views’ Editorial Think Tank
- Board Member, National Law Center for Homelessness and Poverty
- Massachusetts 2001
- District of Columbia 2005
- New York 2012
Rate : $$$