Ralph Carter represents companies and individuals in complex commercial litigation matters in federal and state courts, as well as in regulatory matters before various governmental agencies.
Prior to joining the firm, Mr. Carter served as the Electronic Discovery Manager in the legal department of a global financial services institution, in which role he developed expertise in managing electronic discovery in connection with complex legal and regulatory matters and internal investigations.
Mr. Carter is a 2014 cum laude graduate of St. John’s University School of Law, where he was a Ronald H. Brown Scholar and Executive Notes and Comments Editor for the Journal of Civil Rights and Economic Development. Mr. Carter is a Lean Six Sigma Green Belt in Litigation Project Management in Collective and Class Actions.
- Obtained successful resolution of complex commercial dispute concerning sale of nursing homes and adult health care centers.
- Represented Mexican food processing company in New York federal court action seeking stay of international arbitration pending before the International Chamber of Commerce.
- Representing sole shareholder and officer of closely held corporation in dispute with former shareholder.
- Defending insurance company in defense of appeal from dismissal of health care provider’s claim of false reporting to federal prosecutors.
- Obtained complete dismissal for Kingdom of Denmark in case brought by U.S. citizen concerning Danish child custody proceedings on grounds of sovereign immunity.
- Obtained complete victory in pro bono Hague Convention Child Abduction proceeding resulting in return of child to mother in country of origin.
- St. John’s University School of Law, J.D., cum laude, 2014
- St. Joseph’s College, B.S., Organizational Management, high honors, 2010
- New York
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of New York
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York
- National Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Metropolitan Black Bar Association
- New York City Bar Association
- International Association of Privacy Professionals
Rate : $$$