Ralph A. DeMeo focuses his practice on environmental and land use law, with emphasis in regulation and litigation. Ralph DeMeo is a shareholder in Tallahassee with a concentrated practice on environmental and land use law.
His experience includes environmental, land use, administrative, occupational health and safety, toxic torts, brownfields, construction defect, transportation and aviation, energy, local government, aquaculture and pesticides, and animal law, with emphasis in civil and administrative litigation.
He represents industry, businesses, landowners, corporate and individual clients, as well as local governments, throughout Florida and the southeastern United States. He also represents clients in state and federal courts, and before agencies and the Legislature.
Ralph has served as environmental and land use counsel on more than $3 billion in projects and transactions in his career, including some of Florida’s most significant projects. He has also served as counsel in several high-profile cases in Florida, including the leading case on primary administrative jurisdiction, and the leading case on right to privacy.
- Florida State University, J.D., 1984, with honors
- Stetson University, M.A. in English, 1980, with honors
- Stetson University, B.A. in English, 1976, with honors
- Florida, 1984
- U.S. District Court of Appeals, 11th Circuit
- U.S. District Court, Middle and Northern District Courts of Florida
- U.S. District Court for the District of Columbia
Professional Honors & Activities:
- Former Chair and Current Executive Council Member – The Florida Bar Animal Law Section
- Former Executive Council Member – The Florida Bar Administrative Law Section
- Former Chair and Editorial Board Member – The Florida Bar Journal, News Editorial Board
- Recipient – Judy Florence Memorial Outstanding Service Award, ELULS
- Recipient – Stephens/Register Memorial Award (twice), ELULS
- Recipient – National Legal Counsel of the Year Award, March of Dimes
- Member – Tallahassee Community College Legal Studies Advisory Board
Rate : $$$