Ramya S. Tiller is a corporate partner based in the New York office. Ms. Tiller is in the Finance Group, and has experience in a broad range of financing transactions, including complex acquisition and leveraged finance transactions, such as the $5.385 billion financings related to the separation by spinoff of the Herc Rentals equipment business from Hertz and the financing aspects of Discovery’s $14.6 billion acquisition of Scripps Networks Interactive, fund finance transactions and other alternative capital transactions.
Ms. Tiller is ranked as a Next Generation Lawyer in Commercial Lending by The Legal 500 US 2018, where she is described as “highly rated,” and she is recognized as a Notable Practitioner in Banking by IFLR1000 2018. Ms. Tiller is a frequent speaker on finance-related topics for the Practicing Law Institute.
Ms. Tiller joined Debevoise in 2007. She holds a B.A. LLB (Hons.) from the National Law School of India University in Bangalore, where she graduated third in her class in 2002.
She received an LL.M. (Corporate Law) from New York University in 2005, where she was a Hauser scholar. Ms. Tiller is fluent in German.
Prior to joining the firm, Ms. Tiller worked for a leading Indian law firm in Mumbai, India. Between 2010 and 2012, she served as a member of the Finance group at an international law firm in Munich, Germany.
- Risk Strategies in the financing aspects of its acquisition of Krauter & Company, a leading specialty firm focused on the risk and insurance needs of private equity firms and their portfolio companies nationwide.
- Atlas Merchant Capital in the financing aspects of its investment in Ascensus, the largest independent recordkeeping services provider, third-party administrator, and government savings facilitator in the United States.
- SunSource, a Clayton, Dubilier & Rice portfolio company, in the financing aspects of its acquisition of United Distribution Group, one of the largest distributors of industrial components and assemblies in North America.
- Clayton, Dubilier & Rice in its $500 million preferred stock investment in Beacon Roofing Supply’s $2.625 billion acquisition of Allied Building Products.
- Discovery Communications in the financing aspects of its $14.6 billion acquisition of Scripps Networks Interactive.
- Elliott Management in its $540 million redeemable preferred stock investment in Roadrunner Transportation Systems, a leading asset-right transportation and asset-light logistics service provider.
- Resolute Investment Managers, a portfolio company of Kelso & Company, in financing its acquisition of a controlling interest of Shapiro Capital Management, an institutional-quality, value-oriented investment adviser.
- Kelso & Company in its investment in Premia Holdings, a newly-formed property and casualty insurance and reinsurance group focused on providing runoff solutions.
- High Ridge Brands, a leading personal care consumer products company and a portfolio company of Clayton, Dubilier & Rice, in the financing aspects of its acquisition of Dr. Fresh.
- Providence Service Corporation in a strategic partnership with Frazier Healthcare Partners in Matrix Medical Network.
- Alliant Insurance Services, the nation’s largest specialty insurance brokerage firm, in the financing aspects of its acquisition of Mesirow Insurance Services.
- Clayton, Dubilier & Rice in the financing aspects of its $415 million acquisition of High Ridge Brands, the largest North American consolidation platform focused on acquiring orphaned personal care brands, from Brynwood Partners.
- Kelso & Company in the financing aspects of its acquisition of Risk Strategies Company, a national insurance and benefits brokerage and risk management firm, from Kohlberg & Company.
- Stone Point Capital in a $1.34 billion senior secured term loan facility, $200 million senior secured revolving credit facility and $535 million offering of senior notes in connection with Stone Point’s significant equity investment in Alliant Insurance Services.
- Roofing Supply Group, a Clayton, Dubilier & Rice portfolio company, in its $1.1 billion sale to Beacon Roofing Supply.
- Independent Committee of the Board of Directors of Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia in its $365 million sale to Sequential Brands.
- Kelso & Company in the financing aspects of its acquisition with Estancia Capital Management of American Beacon.
- Standard General in its acquisition of RadioShack’s asset based credit facility from GE Capital in a transaction expected to result in ownership of not less than 50% of the company’s equity securities.
- Oaktree Capital Management in various mezzanine financings.
- Alliance Laundry in the financing aspects of its acquisition of Primus Laundry Equipment Group.
- Clayton, Dubilier & Rice in the financing aspects of its €1.2 billion acquisition of Mauser Group, one of the world’s leading industrial packaging companies.
- New York University School of Law, 2005, LL.M.
- National Law School of India University, 2002, LL.B.
- New York
Rate : $$$$