Rand Carstens is a partner in the Los Angeles office of Lewis Brisbois and a member of the Labor & Employment Practice. Mr. Carstens has more than 20 years of litigation experience in both state and federal courts as well as various administrative agencies such as California Fair Employment and Housing Commission, the United States Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, California’s Department of Labor Standards Enforcement, California’s State Labor Board, and the California Unemployment Insurance Appeals Board.
He specializes in employment law representing individuals and organizations of all sizes. He concentrates his efforts in matters involving wrongful termination, discrimination, harassment, whistle-blower, accommodation, retaliation and wage related claims.
He also advises and counsels employers in a variety of issues including the negotiation of separation and release agreements before litigation and settlement agreements during litigation; general counsel on wage and hour matters; drafting and editing of employee handbooks and policies; training in the areas of harassment; sexual harassment and discrimination; conducting numerous employment-based investigations; and providing preventative counseling and advise.
Mr. Carstens also has extensive experience in general civil litigation defense in the following practice areas: premises liability, security, products liability, public entity and general business related matters.
- Southwestern University School of Law, Juris Doctor, 1985
- Fort Lewis College, Bachelor of Arts, cum laude, 1982
- State Bar Admissions, California
- United States Courts of Appeals & Supreme Court
- United States Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit
- United States Supreme Court
- Los Angeles County Bar Association
- Association of Southern California Defense Counsel
- Admitted to practice before all state and federal courts in California
- Lead trial attorney involved in all phases of pre-trial and multiple jury trials in state courts
- Appeals in state courts of appeal
Rate : $$$$