Randal B. Short is Of Counsel in the firm’s San Francisco office and former Practice Leader of the Corporate Practice Group. Mr. Short’s areas of specialization include mergers and acquisitions; wine industry matters; real estate fund representation; corporate, LLC, partnership and joint venture formation, governance and dissolution; corporate and partnership investment transactions; and representation of off-shore investment companies.
Prior to joining Sheppard Mullin, Mr. Short practiced in the San Francisco office of Pettit & Martin. He was an Executive Committee Member of that firm from 1981 to 1994; Managing Partner from July of 1990 to June of 1993; and Administrative Partner from 1981 to 1990.
- J.D., Stanford University, 1971
- A.B., University of Missouri, 1967, Phi Beta Kappa
Admissions : California, 1972
- Member, American Bar Association (Business, Partnerships, and Law Firm Sections)
- Member, California State Bar Association (Business Section)
- Member, San Francisco Bar Association
- Board of Directors (2002– ), Executive Committee member (2003-), and Chair of Development Committee (2004-2014), Legal Community Against Violence
- Former Member, Stanford University, The Campaign for Stanford
- Former Member, Board of Directors, Corte-Madera Larkspur Schools Foundation
- Former Member, San Francisco Unified School District, Principal for a Day Program
- Co-Chair, Stanford Law Society of San Francisco, 1998– 2000, and board member
Rate : $$$$