Randall E. Colson is the head of Haynes and Boone’s Technology Transactions and Technology Mergers and Acquisitions Practice Groups. Leveraging his industry experience as a hardware and software designer, Randy has extensive experience counseling clients with a myriad of technology and intellectual property-related transactions, including information technology and business process outsourcing, software development and licensing, SaaS, intellectual property acquisitions and dispositions, cloud computing, hosting, joint development, distribution, consulting, naming rights and e-commerce transactions. Uniquely, Randy has represented both providers and customers of these services.
Randy has in-depth knowledge of the fast-paced, continually evolving technology industry, and understands the pressures many businesses face in today’s environment. He provides a strategic approach to helping clients achieve their business objectives.
Randy also provides counseling, internationally and domestically, on the use and procurement of patents, trademarks and copyrights, as well as intellectual property issues and due diligence related to corporate finance, mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures and corporate securities transactions.
He has represented internet companies in co-branding, content licensing and technology service agreements, as well as technology companies in joint venture and co-marketing transactions. Additionally, he has experience in advertising and brand management matters, as well as sweepstakes and promotional law issues.
Prior to law school, Randy worked as an electrical engineer designing computer hardware and software for Data General Corporation. In addition to his law degree, Randy holds a B.S.E.E. in electrical engineering and a B.A.
- J.D., Northwestern University, 1991, Articles Editor, Northwestern Journal of International Law and Business
- B.S.E.E., Electrical Engineering, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, 1986, cum laude
- B.A., Wheaton College, 1986, cum laude
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
COURT ADMISSIONS :
- Texas Supreme Court
- Illinois Supreme Court
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois
PROFESSIONAL AND COMMUNITY ACTIVITIES:
- American Bar Association
- State Bar of Texas
- Dallas Bar Association
- The Illinois State Bar Association
- Business Council for the Arts, Board Member; Chair, Technology Task Force
- UT CLE Annual technology Law Conference, Planning Committee Member
Rate : $$$$