A Member of Stoll Keenon Ogden’s Louisville office since 2003, D. Randall Gibson brings a broad range of experience to the firm’s Trusts & Estates and Nonprofit Entity practice groups.
His depth of legal knowledge is an invaluable asset in helping clients accomplish their current and long-term planning goals. He assists individuals, families and organizations of varying types with estate planning, estate administration, charitable giving, and structuring and operation of nonprofit entities.
Randy has represented clients in a multitude of complex cases before state and federal courts, including the U.S. Tax Court. One highly publicized example of his success as a litigator is the landmark U.S. Supreme Court class action case, St. Ledger v. Commonwealth of Kentucky, Revenue Cabinet, which resulted in refunds to Kentucky taxpayers of more than $180 million.
Outside of the firm, Randy is actively involved in several professional and civic groups. He is a member the Estate Planning Council of Metro Louisville. He is also founder and chair of the board of directors of Metro Christian Legal Aid and an allied member of Alliance Defending Freedom.
Trust & Estate Litigation: Randy has extensive experience in helping clients navigate challenges over the execution of wills, management and operation of trust properties, reformation suits, and a host of other matters. Recognizing the sensitivity of these disputes, he employs mediation or other means of resolution when appropriate.
Nonprofit Organizations: Randy has assisted numerous clients with the organization and operation of nonprofit entities and brings a wealth of experience to this area of the law.
- New York University 1979, LL.M. (in taxation)
- University of Louisville Brandeis School of Law 1978, J.D., cum laude
- Miami University of Ohio 1975, A.B.
- U.S. Court of Appeals, 6th Circuit
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Kentucky
- United States Supreme Court
- United States Tax Court
- Louisville Bar Association
- Kentucky Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Founder and Chairman, Board of Directors, Metro Christian Legal Aid
- Allied Associate of Alliance Defending Freedom
- Southern Baptist Seminary Foundation Advisory Board
- University of Louisville Advancement Planned Giving Advisory Council
- Metro United Way – Board of Directors- 2008-2014
- Estate Planning Council of Louisville
- Alliance Defense Fund
- Bingham Fellows, Class of 2008
- Metro Christian Legal Aid, board of directors and executive director
Rate : $$$$