With over 25 years of experience, Randall S. Parks is a broadly experienced transactional lawyer known for his ability to creatively and collaboratively solve client business problems for clients in a wide range of industries.
Randy has negotiated and documented dozens of large-scale, complex commercial and technology transactions worth billions of dollars for multinational companies, including retailers, manufacturers and consumer products companies.
Named among the nation’s leading outsourcing lawyers in Chambers USA and Legal 500 United States, Randy has been consistently recognized for his work on information technology, corporate law and mergers and acquisitions.
According to Chambers USA, 2016, clients say he “brings a lot of business savvy and experience” and is “that great mix of ‘business’ and ‘legal’ [that] all parties can relate to.”
Randy is co-chair of the firm’s corporate team, chair of the global technology and outsourcing practice group, co-chair of its retail and consumer products industry practice group and serves on the firm’s executive committee.
His practice focuses on complex commercial transactions, particularly business process and information technology outsourcing, e-commerce, licensing, systems acquisition, development and integration agreements, manufacturing, supply, distribution, and complex services agreements and multicountry joint ventures.
Randy’s experience also includes public and private securities offerings and corporate disclosure under the 1933 and 1934 Acts, corporate governance, mergers and acquisitions, and a broad range of corporate counseling.
- Advises on complex global joint ventures and product/technology/service development agreements.
- Advised on multiple ITO and ADM outsourcings for global consumer products and services companies, retailers, defense contractors, insurers and health care firms.
- Represented leading consumer products makers, retailers and consumer and B2B service companies in multiple business process outsourcings, including distribution, fulfillment, HR, fleet, contact center, F&A, web hosting, e-commerce and others.
- Handled multiple customer contact center transactions in several industries.
- Advised on multifunction outsourcings (including IT, HR, F&A, CRM, facilities, procurement and others) for three Fortune 500 utilities.
- Represented a Fortune 500 utility and auto parts manufacturer in SAP implementations.
- Led negotiations to restructure or terminate multiple large-scale ITO and BPO transactions.
- Led representations of issuers and underwriters of equity and debt securities with a total value of billions of dollars.
- Structured and managed innovative, highly efficient, low-cost delivery teams for large portfolios of routine contracting matters.
- Advised public and private buyers and sellers in numerous global acquisitions and divestitures, including representations of special committees.
- JD, University of Virginia School of Law, 1988
- BA, Chemistry and English Literature, University of Virginia, with distinction, 1985
- Past Chairman, Board of Directors and Executive Committee, CenterStage Foundation, 2013-present
- Vice Chair, Board of Directors and Executive Committee, Metropolitan Richmond Sports Backers, 2010-present
- Past North American Board of Directors, Human Resources Outsourcing Association, 2010-2012
- Past Chairman, Business Section Council, Virginia Bar Association 2007-2010
- Past Board of Directors and Executive Committee, Leadership Metro Richmond 2003-2010
- Past Board of Directors, Executive Committee and Chairman, Greater Richmond Chamber Foundation
- Past Board of Directors, Greater Richmond Chamber of Commerce
Rate : $$$