Randall M. Ratner joined Akin Gump in 1979 as an associate and became a partner in 1986. Mr. Ratner’s practice includes all aspects of real estate development and real estate finance.Mr. Ratner has extensive experience in the development of office, hotel, industrial, multifamily, student housing, retail and movie theater projects, including the negotiation of partnership, joint venture and limited liability company agreements with public companies, national and regional developers, insurance companies and pension funds.
He has represented clients in the acquisition and disposition of real estate portfolios, including portfolios of office buildings, student housing projects, movie theaters, industrial buildings, hotels and closed retail stores; landlords and tenants in the leasing of space in office buildings located in central business districts and suburban locations in the leasing of industrial/warehouse facilities and in the leasing of movie theatres; both lenders and borrowers in connection with the financing of real estate acquisitions and developments, and with permanent financings involving real estate; and both lenders and borrowers in loan restructures.
Mr. Ratner is a member of the State Bar of Texas; the Dallas Bar Association; and the Texas Academy of Real Estate, Probate and Trust Lawyers.Mr. Ratner served as hiring partner and as chairman of the Dallas office’s New Associates Committee from 1991 to 1992.
- The Best Lawyers in America (numerous editions, including 2014, 2016, 2018 and 2019)
- Who’s Who Legal: Real Estate Law (2018)
- Chambers USA: America’s Leading Lawyers for Business (2004 to 2014)
- Texas “Super Lawyer” (2003 to 2011) in a survey of his peers
- “Best Lawyers in Dallas” (2007 to 2009) – D Magazine.
- J.D., University of Texas School of Law, with honors, 1979
- B.S., Indiana University, with high honors, 1975
Rate : $$$