RANDI R. NELSON is an associate attorney at PARRINO|SHATTUCK, PC. Since 2011, she has worked strictly on matrimonial litigation. Her practice covers all aspects of family law, including divorce, alimony, child support, property division, child custody, post-judgment modification, and post-judgment contempt. She is admitted to practice in Connecticut.
Nelson is a special master for family matters in the Judicial District of Fairfield at Bridgeport and Judicial District of Stamford/Norwalk at Stamford. She is a member of the American, Connecticut, Fairfield County, and Westport/Weston bar associations.
In 2007, Nelson earned a bachelor’s degree from the University of Texas at Arlington, where she was a member of the Kappa Tau Alpha honor society. In 2010, she earned her juris doctor degree from the Benjamin N. Cardozo School of Law at Yeshiva University, where she was the recipient of a merit-based scholarship and a member of the Cardozo Journal of Law and Gender.
Nelson has earned the following awards/recognitions:
- New Leaders in the Law as recognized by Connecticut Law Tribune in 2013
- Top 10 Family Law Attorneys in Connecticut Under Age of 40 as recognized by National Academy of Family Law Attorneys in 2014 and 2016
- 10 Best Family Law Attorneys for Client Satisfaction in Connecticut by American Institute of Family Law Attorneys since 2015
- Connecticut Rising Star as recognized by Super Lawyers since 2015
- America’s Most Honored Professional Award in 2017
Hornung v. Hornung – Successfully traced $32 million over the length of a 16-year marriage to determine that the funds were separate property according to the pre-nuptial agreement. An award of $7.5 million lump sum alimony does not constitute a property distribution in violation of the parties’ pre-nuptial agreement.
Rate : $$$$