C. Randolph Sullivan represents management in all aspects of employer-employee relations. Randy’s practice focuses on employment litigation in federal and state courts and administrative practice before the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission and the National Labor Relations Board, representation of management in labor issues, and advice to management, human resources professionals, and in-house counsel on all aspects of employer-employee relations.
Randy is an Instructor for ProWorkplace, a division of the firm, providing practical, interactive workplace training to management, supervisory, and non-supervisory employees. In addition, Randy is an Affiliate Assistant Professor, Department of Health Administration, Virginia Commonwealth University/Medical College of Virginia.
Randy instructs graduate students in the health administration program regarding employment law issues and employment practices. Randy served as a Judicial Clerk to the Honorable Richard L. Williams, US District Court, Eastern District of Virginia from 1993-1994.
- Substantial litigation practice in areas including equal employment opportunity and employment discrimination, sexual harassment, defamation, wrongful discharge and other workplace torts, employment contract, non-compete and trade secret litigation, the Family and Medical Leave Act, and ERISA litigation.
- Significant experience advising and representing clients in traditional labor matters, including union organizing campaigns and representation elections, defense of unfair labor practice charges, arbitration proceedings, advice on labor-management relations and union avoidance, and collective bargaining negotiations.
- Advised companies on the WARN Act, Older Worker Benefit Protection Act, and other labor, employment and employee benefit issues in the context of reductions in force and sales/acquisitions of businesses.
- Advised companies with respect to employment agreements, non-competition provisions/agreements, personnel policies, executive terminations, and severance packages.
- Advised companies regarding handling and investigating complaints of sexual (and other forms of) harassment and defended against such claims in federal court.
- Significant experience training managers and supervisors in risk management and effective employee relations related to sexual harassment, discrimination, hiring, discipline, performance management, managing a unionized workforce, and maintaining union-free status.
- JD, University of Richmond School of Law, summa cum laude, Editor-in-Chief, University of Richmond Law Review, 1993
- BS, University of Virginia, 1987
- US District Court, Eastern District of Virginia
- Member, Virginia Bar Association
Rate : $$$