Randolph C. Visser is a special counsel in the Real Estate, Land Use, Natural Resources and Environmental practice group in the firm’s Los Angeles office. Mr. Visser has over three decades of air quality experience and is Team Leader of the firm’s Global Climate Change Team.
Mr. Visser specializes in environmental compliance, permitting and environmental enforcement defense and administrative and judicial litigation. He has significant experience and expertise in CEQA, NEPA, Proposition 65, California’s Global Warming Solutions Act of 2006 (AB32), and federal, state and local environmental, water and air quality laws, including particularly the South Coast Air Quality Management District (SCAQMD) Regional Clean Air Incentives Market (RECLAIM) Program and other market incentive environmental programs.
Mr. Visser represents numerous commercial, manufacturing, transportation, energy and government contract-related businesses concerning the land use and environmental permitting of complex projects and regulatory compliance and litigation before federal, state and local agencies (including the Cal-EPA, California State Lands Commission, Coastal Commission, the SCAQMD, and other air, waste, and water regulatory agencies), as well as in federal and state courts.
Mr. Visser has written numerous articles, commented in many articles and journals and has appeared on radio and television including, KCET’s Life & Times, to discuss varied environmental laws regarding Proposition 65, AB 32 climate change and related air quality and environmental issues.
- J.D., University of California, Los Angeles, 1974
- B.A., Northwestern University, 1971
- Los Angeles County Bar Association, Environmental Section, Executive Committee, Chair (2006-2007), Officer (2001-2007), Member since 1997
- Executive Committee, Chair of the 14th and 15th Annual Super Symposium, Environmental Section, Los Angeles County Bar Association, 2000-2001
- Alumni Board of Directors, UCLA Law School, 2001-2005
- Editorial Board, Prop 65 News, 2001-2004
- Member, Association of Iron and Steel Engineers, 1997-2004
- Member, National Association of Environmental Professionals, 1998-2004
- Home Rule Advisory Group, South Coast Air Quality Management District, 1997-2001
- Editorial Board, Los Angeles Lawyer Magazine, 1995-2000
Rate : $$$$