Randy S. Gidseg has extensive experience representing management in a wide range of employment litigation, including : Wage and hour class actions, Harassment claims, Retaliation suits, Discrimination cases, Contract, trade secret and restrictive covenant matters.
He appears in federal and state courts in New York and New Jersey and before administrative agencies such as the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, the National Labor Relations Board, and the New York State Division of Human Rights and has specific knowledge of :
- The Americans with Disabilities Act
- The Age Discrimination in Employment Act
- The Older Workers Benefit Protection Act
- The Family and Medical Leave Act
Randy also manages wage and hour concerns, leaves of absence and workplace accommodations, diversity and equal employment opportunity issues; handles union organizing issues and negotiates collective bargaining agreements; prepares employment agreements, releases, restrictive covenants and handbooks; and handles reductions-in-force, hiring and discharge issues.
Additionally, Randy regularly counsels employers in a variety of industries on labor and employment law matters, including compliance with federal, state, and local statutes. He also provides training to managers, human resources and legal professionals on all aspects of labor and employment law, such as : Workplace harassment, Discrimination prevention, Employee discipline and discharge, Union organizing.
Randy has been quoted in numerous media outlets and has written extensively on topics such as employee misclassification and developments under : The New York State Worker Adjustment and Retraining Notification Act, The New York City Human Rights Law.
- J.D., Georgetown University Law Center, 2000
- B.A., University of Michigan, 1997
- U.S. Court of Appeals, 2nd Circuit
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of New York
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of New York
- U.S. District Court, District of New Jersey
Professional & Community Affiliations :
- Member, American Bar Association
- Member, Labor and Employment Section, New York State Bar Association
- Member, New York City Bar Association
Rate : $$$$