Ranesh Ramanathan is a partner in the Boston office of Kirkland & Ellis LLP, and focuses on debt finance, distressed/special situations, alternative investments and credit fund transactions.
Ranesh has extensive experience negotiating, structuring and managing complex transactions globally, from the United States to Europe, Asia and Australia, including acquiring diverse multijurisdictional portfolios of assets and extracting entire business units from distressed sellers.
He has managed the legal aspects of investments in publicly traded and pre-IPO companies, as well as investments across the credit spectrum, and has worked with a variety of fund types including closed-ended, open-ended and managed accounts in a wide variety of strategies. Ranesh has also advised on private equity and hedge fund investments.
Ranesh returned to private practice in 2018 after nearly 15 years in in-house legal roles with Bain Capital and Citigroup. Immediately prior to joining Kirkland, Ranesh was a managing director at Bain Capital and general counsel to Bain Capital’s public markets business and served on Bain Capital Credit’s risk and oversight committee. Ranesh’s in-house experience at large global institutions will bring a multidisciplinary and client-focused perspective aimed at solving client problems.
- New York University School of Law, J.D., 1999
- The Johns Hopkins University, B.A., 1993
- Not admitted to practice in Massachusetts
- 2000, New York
- General Counsel, Bain Capital Credit (2011–2018)
- General Counsel, Bain Capital Public Equity (2011–2018)
- Associate General Counsel, Bain Capital (2008–2010)
- General Counsel, Citi Private Equity (2006–2008)
- Associate General Counsel, Citi Alternative Investments at Citigroup (2004–2008)
Rate : $$$