Raul J. Salas is a partner in the Miami office of Shutts & Bowen LLP and a member of the Tax & International Law Practice Group. Raul has over 35 years of experience handling international and domestic tax and business planning matters. He primarily represents and counsels foreign entities and individuals in structuring their U.S. investments with a view toward minimizing their U.S. tax impact.
Raul also represents U.S. and foreign corporations and individuals in structuring international transactions, investments and joint ventures. He coordinates, supervises and acts as a liaison with domestic and foreign legal counsel in structuring all types of cross-border transactions, taking into account the effects of local country law, regulations and administrative practice. He also represents clients before the Internal Revenue Service and other regulatory bodies.
Raul has authored various articles on international income and estate tax planning matters and has made numerous presentations on these and other tax and business matters to various professional associations and client groups. Prior to joining Shutts, Raul was a tax manager at Deloitte, an international accounting firm.
- University of Miami School of Law, J.D., magna cum laude, 1985
- Florida International University, B.B.A., Accounting, 1977
PROFESSIONAL AND CIVIC ACTIVITIES:
- American and Florida Institutes of Certified Public Accountants
- Inter-American Bar Association
- Miami International Tax Group
- Former Member, Executive Council of the Tax Section of The Florida Bar
Rate : $$$$