Ray Beckerman is a commercial litigator and internet law attorney with extensive experience in business law, copyright, trademark, entertainment, libel, slander, internet, computer software, business torts, and other areas, and has litigated hundreds of cases.
He began his legal career with Phillips, Nizer, Benjamin, Krim & Ballon, working his way through night law school, and upon graduation becoming an attorney in that firm.
- St. Johns University School of Law, J.D., cum laude, 1978 (St. John’s Law Review, Fall 1975; Winner, Federal Bar Council’s Cornelius W. Wickersham, Jr., Award in Constitutional Law; Winner, American Jurisprudence Awards in Constitutional Law and in Corporations)
- Herbert H. Lehman College (formerly Hunter College in the Bronx), B.A., 1968 (Editor-in-Chief, Meridian, college newspaper; Member, board of editors, Echo, literary magazine)
- The Bronx High School of Science, 1964 (Degree “With Merit”)
Additional Court Admissions:
- U.S. Supreme Court 2/20/96
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Second Circuit 12/31/84
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Third Circuit 10/9/90
- Member, New York City Bar Association, former member of its Entertainment Law, Copyright & Literary Property Law, Information Technology Law, and Civil Court, committees.
- Member, The Copyright Society of the U.S.A., New York Chapter.
- Member, Queens County Bar Association.
Rate : $$$