Formerly counsel at the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation, Raye Curry Elliott works with financial institutions, national retailers and other companies in state and local tax controversy matters throughout the United States. Her experience includes refund actions, audit defense, administrative appeals and litigation, and related consulting and planning.
In addition to her tax practice, Raye has experience with complex business litigation, including bankruptcy and creditors’ rights, mortgage foreclosures, and defaulted loan matters.
She has extensive experience bankruptcy and insolvency matters, including loan workouts, short sales, securities fraud, and state and local tax litigation. Prior to joining Akerman, Raye was counsel to the FDIC where she handled all types of defensive litigation and defaulted loan matters.
- J.D., Stetson University College of Law, 1994, cum laude
- B.A., Florida State University, English, 1991
Bar Admissions : Florida
Court Admissions :
- U.S. District Court, Middle District of Florida
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Florida
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court, Southern District of Florida
- Jacksonville Bankruptcy Bar Association, President 2001–2002, Board of Directors 1998–2003, Member 1996–present
- P.E.O. (women’s philanthropic organization), President 2002–2003 and 2010-2011, Treasurer 1996–1997, Member 1994–present
Rate : $$$