Raymond L. DeLuca has more than 20 years of experience as a construction lawyer who represents owners, contractors, and design professionals in all phases of the construction and dispute resolution process.
He has litigated numerous significant construction claims, from the owner, contractor, and design professional’s perspectives, and has tried cases in state and federal courts and in arbitrations. In addition, Raymond has drafted and negotiated design, construction, and procurement contracts for major national and international construction projects.
Raymond worked as a design professional from 1989-94 and has experience in all aspects of the design and construction process, so clients benefit from his experience as a lawyer as well as a design professional.
Raymond is a frequent speaker and author on construction-related topics. He has presented for groups such as the American Bar Association, the American Institute of Architects, the Pennsylvania Society of Professional Engineers, and the Construction SuperConference.
Raymond authored chapters on construction contract forms, construction law practice, delays and disruptions, and design professional liability. Raymond received his bachelor’s degree in architecture, magna cum laude, from Temple University and earned his law degree, cum laude, from Rutgers University School of Law.
- Prosecution of design professional’s claims against public agency for extra work, delays, and disruptions arising out of design and construction of $10 billion tunneling project in New York.
- Defense of design professional/construction manager against $50 million professional liability claim asserted by public agency arising out of design and construction of an elevated light rail line in Philadelphia.
- Prosecution of private developer’s claims against the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey for delays in site turnover exceeding $140 million on prominent public/private development project in New York.
- Prosecution of private owner’s claims exceeding $4 million and defense against EPC contractor’s claims in excess of $8 million arising out of the design and construction of natural gas pipeline in Mexico.
- Defense of owner against design/builder and subcontractor’s claims in excess of $5 million arising out of the design and construction of pharmaceutical pilot plant in Bridgewater, N.J.
- Drafted and negotiated design and construction management agreements for $180 million expansion and renovation of significant public building in Philadelphia.
- Drafted, negotiated, and counseled in the administration of architectural services agreement and construction services agreement for $30 million expansion and renovation of low-income housing units in Cleveland.
- Represented the contractor in a consortium that successfully proposed to design, finance, build, maintain, and operate a 55-mile toll road for the Virginia Department of Transportation. The $1.4 billion project was awarded using the state’s Public Private Transportation Act.
- Rutgers University School of Law – Camden, J.D., cum laude, 1996
- Temple University, B.S., magna cum laude, 1991
BAR ADMISSIONS : New Jersey; Pennsylvania
COURT ADMISSIONS :
- U.S. District Court — New Jersey
Rate : $$$