Reb D. Wheeler is a transactional attorney and corporate adviser whose practice is focused on mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures, private equity, securities and general corporate matters. He advises entrepreneurs, corporations, banks and other financial institutions, private equity firms and other clients in a wide range of industries and in many parts of the world.
Reb is global co-chair of Mayer Brown’s Life Sciences group. He has extensive experience advising companies and investors in the pharmaceutical, biotech and medical device industries in connection with acquisitions, divestures, licensing transactions and joint ventures and other collaborative development and commercialization transactions, as well as commercial arrangements such as contract manufacturing and distribution agreements and co-promotion agreements.
Reb’s life sciences clients range from private, early-stage firms to large multinational companies. Since 2014, Reb has been recognized as a “Life Sciences Star” by LMG Life Sciences. Reb joined Mayer Brown in 1999 and became a partner in 2008.
- The George Washington University Law School, JD
- Stanford University, BA
Admissions : New York
- Representing Adapt Pharma Limited, maker of opioid overdose treatment NARCAN®, in it sale to Emergent BioSolutions, Inc. for total consideration of up to $735 million.
- Represented Sebela Pharmaceuticals in connection with its acquisition of Braintree Laboratories and related term loan, led by BioPharma Credit and equity financing.
- Represented a global biopharmaceutical company in connection with its divestiture of two marketed pharmaceutical products in Mexico to an affiliate of Aspen Global Incorporated.
- Represented CIBC and its subsidiary Atlantic Trust in their acquisition of Geneva Advisors, an asset management firm with approximately $8.4 billion under management.
- Represented Nestlé Health Science in connection with its $145 million minority investment in Aimmune Therapeutics and related strategic collaboration arrangement in connection with the development of products for the treatment of food allergies.
- Represented CIBC in its $1 billion sale of a minority stake in American Century Investments Inc. to Nomura.
- Represented Brazil-based Recepta Biopharma S.A. in its out-license of a novel antibody to Mersana Therapeutics Inc. for the development of immune-oncology drugs.
- Represented CIBC in its acquisition of Griffis & Small, LLC a Houston-based advisory firm specializing in acquisitions and divestitures in the oil and gas exploration and production sector.
- Represented Merck & Co., Inc. in connection with its acquisition of a line of consumer care products in Canada and worldwide rights to the related trademarks.
- Represented Intelliject, Inc. in connection with its outlicense of US and Canadian rights to its first product, a novel epinephrine auto-injector, to Sanofi-Aventis for upfront and contingent milestone payments totaling $230 million and tiered double-digit royalties.
- Represented The Jordan Company in the sale of medical products distributor, HGI Holdings, Inc., to Clayton, Dubilier & Rice and GS Capital Partners for $850 million.
- Represented The Bank of Nova Scotia in its acquisition of a portfolio of precious metal loans and related assets from a leading global bank valued at approximately $900 million.
- Represented Schwarz Pharma AG in connection with its outlicensing of Toviaz® to Pfizer for upfront consideration of $100 million, plus contingent milestones and royalties.
Rate : $$$$