Rebecca Brodey joined the firm’s Washington, D.C., office in 2009. She is a member in the firm’s White Collar Defense & Investigations Practice Group. Rebecca earned her bachelor’s degree in French from the University of California, Berkeley.
She earned her law degree from Georgetown Law, where she was a member of the Georgetown Journal of Law & Public Policy and was a Global Teaching Fellow. She also completed a master’s program in global economic law at the Université Paris 1 Panthéon-Sorbonne.
- Represented high-level employees at three different Japanese auto parts manufacturing companies in a United States federal criminal antitrust investigation that has obtained guilty pleas from at least 32 companies and over $2.4 billion in fines.
- Represented a witness in a multi-year DOJ and SEC parallel investigation into potential obstruction of justice and other potential criminal offenses following a major oil disaster.
- Represented former CEO of publicly traded health-care company at sentencing; obtained for client a sentence of 36 months imprisonment where the applicable Sentencing Guidelines range called for a minimum of 10 years’ imprisonment.
- Represented several executives of two international banks in connection with federal investigations of possible violations of U.S. Treasury sanctions and State of New York law; no charges filed against any clients.
- Represented executive of payment processing company who pleaded guilty to operating an unlicensed money-transmitting business servicing Internet gambling businesses; obtained for client a sentence of 36 months imprisonment where Court found that the applicable Sentencing Guidelines range was 108-135 months imprisonment.
- Represented a concert promoter in the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Virginia against Grammy-nominated rapper Wiz Khalifa, who claimed breach of contract, and over a million dollars, for the cancellation of a show by the promoter. Hayes, Fox and Brodey argued successfully to dismiss on grounds that no contract was ever formed.
- Georgetown University Law Center, J.D., 2010
- Université Paris 1 Panthéon-Sorbonne, Master, Global Economic Law, 2009
- University of California–Berkeley, B.A., 2004
BAR ADMISSIONS : District of Columbia; Virginia
Rate : $$$$