Rebecca Dow brings a practical, owner-minded approach to assist her real estate clients in the development of residential and mixed-use communities and commercial projects. She has been on the front line of development and has in-depth knowledge of sophisticated real estate issues. She identifies and mitigates potential risk exposure for her clients.
Among Becky’s clients are one of the largest public home builders in the U.S.; developers of mixed-use and residential developments, hotel sites, office buildings, and multi-family projects; private homebuilders and condo developers; retail tenants; and purchasers and developers of resorts and fractional interest developments.
Becky brings an insider’s business perspective to real estate development. As senior vice president, legal, for one of the world’s largest theatre circuits, she was responsible for retail leasing, acquisition, development, and construction work for more than $500 million in projects – including more than 50 new theatres.
Becky focuses not only on the existing laws governing the commercial and residential real estate industries, but also on proposed laws. She has lobbied at the State Capital on behalf of Colorado BUILDS and the Colorado Association of Home Builders and assisted with drafting legislation.
- Commercial Real Estate
- Acquisition, options, due diligence, and subdivision process
- Residential and mixed-use development, including condominiums
- Joint development agreements and special district funding agreements
- Document and form development for developers in the sale of homes to consumers
- Construction and Design
- Drafting and negotiating construction contracts, subcontracts, and professional services agreements to protect owners, including LEED-certified projects
- Public improvement agreements and subdivision improvement agreements
- Lot development agreements
- Public Private Partnerships
- Assist developers with public financing for infrastructure improvements
- Draft PIF and TIF covenants for public improvement financing
- Negotiate and draft infrastructure agreements on behalf of developers with municipalities
- University of Denver College of Law, J.D., 1983
- University of Colorado, B.S., 1977
Bar Admissions : Colorado
Professional and Civic Affiliations:
- American Bar Foundation, Fellow
- Colorado BUILDS, Board of Directors
- Home Aid Colorado, Board Member, 2014-present
- CREC Subdivision Rules Task Force, Appointed Member, 2013-2014
- Colorado Association of Homebuilders, Board and Executive Committee Member, 2011-2014
- Colorado Bar Association, Real Estate Section Council, Member, Officer, and Past Chair
Rate : $$$$