Rebecca Hemmings is an associate in the Chicago office of Locke Lord LLP where she concentrates her practice in corporate, insurance and reinsurance law. She counsels clients on insurance regulatory issues, mergers and acquisitions, general corporate matters, securities compliance and reinsurance.
Prior to joining the Firm, she was the Vice President, Senior Corporate Counsel & Secretary for certain financial services subsidiaries of HRG Group, Inc., a publicly traded diversified holding company, where she was responsible for a wide range of legal matters for insurers, reinsurers and asset managers, including mergers and acquisitions, advising on reinsurance transactions for life and annuity products, reviewing and preparing SEC filings, and drafting investment management agreements.
- Associate, Locke Lord LLP
- HRG Group, Inc. (2010-2015)
- Vice President, Senior Corporate Counsel & Secretary, FS Holdco II Ltd., New York
- Corporate Legal Counsel, Fidelity & Guaranty Life, Baltimore, Maryland
- J.D., Emory University School of Law, 2009
- B.A., Political Science and Philosophy, magna cum laude, Vanderbilt University, 2005
Admissions : Illinois; District of Columbia; Florida; Georgia
Rate : $$$