Rebecca Merrill is a member of Dentons’ Life Sciences and Health Care practices. Rebecca’s experience includes advising health care providers and entities, including hospitals, clinics, nursing homes, physician groups, medical device companies and life sciences organizations in the areas of business strategy and transactions, fraud and abuse protection, regulatory compliance and privacy and confidentiality matters.
She has counseled health care providers on corporate matters including contracting, employment, and corporate governance issues, including compliance with the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA), the Stark Law and the Anti-Kickback Statute.
Prior to joining Dentons, Rebecca practiced as a health care associate at McKenna Long & Aldridge LLP in Atlanta, GA, and Pierce & Mandell, P.C., and Donoghue Barrett & Singal, P.C., in Boston, MA.
- Suffolk University Law School, 2010, JD, magna cum laude
- Pfeiffer University, 2007, MHA
- North Carolina State University, 2004, BA, Psychology, cum laude
Admissions and qualifications:
Community Involvement and Pro Bono:
- Executive Committee, State Bar of Georgia Health Law Section, 2015 – Present
- American Cancer Society, Pro Bono Lawyer, 2013 – Present
- Women’s Bar Foundation, Family Law Project, Pro Bono Lawyer, 2011 – 2013
- Boston Initiative to Advance Human Rights (BITAHR), Human Rights and Sex Trafficking Film Forum, Volunteer Project Manager, 2010, Interim Executive Director, 2011 – 2012
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of North Carolina, Employee Volunteer Board Member, 2005 – 2007
- American Heart Association, Team Leader, 2004 – 2005
- Georgia Bar Association
- Atlanta Bar Association
- Massachusetts Bar Association
- North Carolina Bar Association
- American Health Lawyers Association
Rate : $$$