Rebecca J. Sayles is a corporate associate and a member of the firm’s Financial Institutions Group. She is a contributing author of the Insurance and Investment Management M&A Deskbook (Practising Law Institute, 2015) and co-author of Private Equity and the Insurance Industry: A Close Look at a Natural Partnership, published in the American Investment Council’s February 2019 newsletter.
Ms. Sayles joined the firm in 2013. Ms. Sayles received a J.D. from St. John’s University School of Law summa cum laude in 2013, where she was an Associate managing editor of the St. John’s Law Review. She received a B.S. in Business Management summa cum laude from Stony Brook University in 2010.
- Jackson National Life Insurance in its agreements to reinsure John Hancock Life Insurance’s Group Payout Annuity business.
- AXA and AXA Equitable Holdings on the initial public offering of AXA Equitable Holdings on the New York Stock Exchange for approximately $4 billion, and AXA Equitable Holdings in its offering and sale of $3.8 billion of senior notes.
- Prosperity Life Insurance in its sale to an investor group.
- Canada Pension Plan Investment Board in its $1.1 billion acquisition of Ascot from American International Group.
- Prudential Insurance Company of America in the sale of a group annuity to JCPenney to reduce JCPenney’s pension liabilities.
- The Prudential Insurance Company of America in the sale of a group annuity contract to the U.S. subsidiary of Royal Philips as part of an overall transaction that will reduce Philips’ pension liabilities by $1.1 billion.
- Protective Life in its acquisition by reinsurance of certain in-force blocks of term life insurance from Genworth Life and Annuity Insurance Company.
- American International Group in the sale of its Taiwan consumer and SME businesses to Nan Shan Life Insurance in Taiwan.
- Morgan Stanley as financial advisor to Endurance Specialty Holdings Ltd. in its $1.83 billion acquisition of Montpelier Re Holdings Ltd.
- EIG Global Energy Partners in the formation of Harbour Energy, a joint venture with Noble Group Limited to form a company focused on owning and operating upstream and midstream energy assets globally.
- St. John’s University School of Law, 2013, J.D.
- Stony Brook University, 2010, B.S.
- New York
Rate : $$$