A natural litigator, Rebecca E. Shope concentrates her practice in the areas of labor and employment, litigation, and family law. She represents private and public entities in a variety of litigation, internal investigations, risk management, and traditional labor matters, such as defending employers in discrimination, harassment, retaliation, Family Medical Leave Act (FMLA), and wrongful discharge disputes.
In addition to litigating, Rebecca also assists employers in navigating complex employment laws and regulations. A proactive counselor, she seeks to develop a deep understanding of her clients’ businesses to help anticipate and prevent workplace disputes before they arise.
On the family law side of her practice, Rebecca represents clients in divorce and child custody matters. Her training in collaborative divorce law matters, paired with her connections to the judges in Northwest Ohio, lend to her familiarity and comfort when going to court. In addition to having a busy law practice, Rebecca enjoys supporting the Toledo community and spending time with her husband and two children.
- J.D., cum laude, The University of Toledo College of Law, 2008
- B.S., summa cum laude, Heidelberg College, 2003
Bar and Court Admissions:
- Ohio, 2008
- Michigan, 2015
- United States District Court Southern District of Ohio, 2011
- United States District Court Northern District of Indiana, 2011
- United States District Court Eastern District of Michigan, 2016
Professional and Community Affiliations:
- Toledo Women’s Bar Association, Women’s Advocacy Committee; Salute to Judiciary Committee
- Inns of Court, Morrison R. Wait Chapter, Associate Member
- EPIC, Chair, 2018; Vice Chair, 2016-2017; Advisory Council Member, 2015
- ProMedica Toledo Hospital Foundation Board, 2018
- Toledo Regional Chamber of Commerce, Trustee, 2018
- Advisory Group, United States District Court for the Northern District of Ohio, 2014-2017
- Junior League of Toledo, Board Secretary, 2016
- Toledo MDA Summer Kick-Off, Co-Chair 2013
Rate : $$$