Rebekah L.W. Elliott focuses her practice on commercial litigation and regulatory compliance. In her commercial litigation practice, she represents clients from a variety of industries in both state and federal court and has experience in commercial disputes, financial services litigation, and creditors’ rights.
Rebekah has significant experience with bankruptcy and reorganization matters, including representing secured and unsecured creditors in litigating preference claims, avoidance actions, and relief from stay proceedings, negotiating and forming reorganization plans, and representing borrowers and lenders in loan workouts and restructures.
In addition, Rebekah assists companies in relation to regulatory compliance issues. Her experience in this area includes representing companies in tax controversies and audits and compliance with unclaimed property statutes.
Rebekah is also a member of the Opportunity Zones and Opportunity Funds Industry Group, and assists in representing investors, fund sponsors, and developers with respect to the new Federal Opportunity Zone Program.
- University of Arizona, James E. Rogers College of Law (J.D., summa cum laude, 2015)
- Articles Editor, Arizona Law Review
- Richard R. Fish Memorial Scholarship
- Outstanding Performance in Legal Writing and Oral Advocacy
- Arizona State University, Mary Lou Fulton Teachers College (M.E., Special Education, 2012)
- University of Kentucky, Gatton College of Business and Economics (B.B.A., Finance, summa cum laude, 2010)
- Academic Excellence Scholarship
Professional Memberships and Activities :
- Maricopa County Bar Association
- Bankruptcy Section, Board Member 2016
- State Bar of Arizona
- Bankruptcy Law Section
- Business Law Section
Other Professional Experience :
- Arizona Court of Appeals, Division One, Judicial Extern to the Hon. Samuel Thumma (2015)
- Snell & Wilmer, Summer Associate (2013 & 2014)
- Teach for America, Special Education Teacher (2010-2012)
- Office of Kentucky Congressman Ed Whitfield, Intern (2009)
- Kappa Alpha Theta, Gamma Iota Chapter, Vice President of Finance, Financial Deputy (2007-2009)
Bar Admissions : Colorado; Arizona
Court Admissions :
- Supreme Court of Colorado
- Supreme Court of Arizona
- United States District Court, District of Colorado
- United States District Court, District of Arizona
Rate : $$$$