Reed Russell practices in the area of labor and employment focusing on representing employers in wage and hour and employment discrimination law, with an emphasis on collective and class action litigation, other complex litigation and strategic advice.
He also represents employers in claims raising equal employment opportunity issues, including claims of single-plaintiff, multi-plaintiff or class discrimination, and provides advice on employment practices, including thorough statistical analysis.
Mr. Russell is the former legal counsel of the U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, where he was responsible for developing agency policy on the federal anti-discrimination statutes, and serving as the EEOC Chair’s chief legal advisor.
Mr. Russell is a regular speaker and writer on labor and employment issues. He is the management side co-chair of the chapter on collective actions for BNA’s The Fair Labor Standards Act, and its Cumulative Supplements, and has presented in the past year at seminars on FLSA Collective Action and novel EEO issues and in multiple private seminars on EEO and wage and hour issues.
- The Catholic University of America School of Law, J.D., summa cum laude, 1999; Valedictorian; Managing Editor, The Catholic University Law Review
- Wake Forest University, B.S., 1991
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit
- District of Columbia
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia Circuit
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Florida
- U.S. District Court, District of Columbia
- The Florida Bar
- District of Columbia Bar
- Hillsborough County Bar Association
- Wage and Hour Defense Institute
Rate : $$$