For more than 22 years, Regina L. Griffin has focused her practice on commercial litigation, specifically on litigation arising out of corporate insolvencies.
- Represented a syndicate of financial institutions and advised regarding rights as secured creditors in connection with the high-profile, half-billion-dollar bankruptcy of the failed remediator of New Jersey Meadowland landfills.
- Represented the Chapter 11 trustee of a former electronic brokerage company in successful prosecution of complex fraudulent conveyance claims and dozens of other multifaceted litigations, which led to the recovery of more than $75 million in assets and 90 percent distribution to creditors.
- Represented the litigation trustee of a former leading language-recognition software company worth nearly $900 million in connection with federal and common law claims assigned to a litigation trust, which arose out of the client’s fraudulently induced merger with a then-leading Belgian voice recognition and translation company.
- Represented a leading property development and management firm in connection with insolvency of retailer-tenants in more than a dozen shopping center properties.
Memberships : American Bankruptcy Institute
Community : Emerald Association of Long Island
- J.D., St. John’s University School of Law, 1992, St. John’s Law Review
- B.S., St. John’s University, 1989, cum laude
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Second Circuit
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of New York
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of New York
Rate : $$$