Reginald R. Goeke is an experienced and respected commercial litigator. He represents clients in complex commercial litigations, including securities actions, ERISA class actions, complex contract and commercial disputes, and intellectual property actions.
He has tried multiple cases to jury verdict, and has represented clients in arbitrations, mediations, and before federal regulatory agencies, including the US Securities and Exchange Commission, the US Department of Labor, the US Department of Justice, and the International Trade Commission.
In addition, he has represented Boards of Directors and Special Committees in numerous internal corporate investigations into accounting misstatements and securities law violations, and has also represented those entities in shareholder derivative actions.
He brings a sophisticated understanding of a clients’ business goals, having previously served as a management consultant to corporate Boards of Directors, and as a strategy director for a global satellite communications company.
- Harvard Law School, JD, cum laude
- University of Michigan, BA, summa cum laude
- New York
- District of Columbia
- US Court of Appeals for the First Circuit
- US Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit
- US Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit
- US District Court for the District of Maryland
- US District Court for the District of Columbia
- Represented a large national bank in a two-week jury trial on a breach of contract action, resulting in a hung jury and favorable settlement for the defendant bank.
- Represented major pharmaceutical company in securities, ERISA, and derivative actions, and in related internal investigation arising from disappointing results in clinical trial.
- Represented major agro-chemical company as complainant in ITC investigation against foreign companies infringing client’s patented process, resulting in very favorable settlements.
- Represented pharmaceutical company in trade secret dispute against competitor. Reached a very favorable settlement after multiple hearings before mediator.
- Represented major wireless carrier in ITC investigation and on appeal to Federal Circuit, resulting in reversal of ITC remedy determination that had adversely affected our client.
- Represented producer of tissue manufacturing equipment as complainant in ITC investigation in patent infringement claim against a Taiwanese importer, resulting in a favorable settlement.
- Represented a telecommunications carrier in large securities and antitrust class actions.
- Represented major insurance company in fraud and contract action against borrower in commercial real estate transaction, resulting in very favorable recovery to client.
Rate : $$$