Rehan M. Safiullah’s practice focuses on commercial and intellectual property litigation, but his primary focus is as a patent trial attorney. Mr. Safiullah represents parties in all types of patent matters in federal courts across the country. He is currently a member of the Houston office’s diversity and pro bono committees.
Mr. Safiullah has a diverse practice. He has represented plaintiffs and defendants in variety of IP disputes in courts across the country, including the federal district courts, the International Trade Commission, and the Patent Trial and Appeal Board. Mr. Safiullah has also prepared appellate briefs and counseled on oral argument before the Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit. He has considerable experience in patent litigation matters, and has argued motions and taken witnesses on direct and cross-examination at trial. He has also successfully argued before the PTAB.
Mr. Safiullah has been involved with matters in a variety of industries, including telecommunications, electronics, energy, and academia. He has also handled patent prosecution matters relating to physics, chemistry, electronics, and energy-related inventions, and he has counseled clients on IP transactional matters, including licensing, patent opinion work, and patent acquisitions.
Mr. Safiullah received his J.D. cum laude in 2008 from Texas Tech University School of Law, where he was a member of the Board of Barristers. During law school, he clerked for former U.S. District Judge Leonard Davis, who served as Chief Judge of the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Texas.Mr. Safiullah received his B.S.E.E. magna cum laude with an emphasis on computers, from the University of Houston in 2005. During his studies, he was engaged in undergraduate research relating to aperture array lithography for medical applications.
- Mr. Safiullah’s recent experience includes the following representations:
- Initiating an investigation for a multinational technology company against a competitor involving electrical cables in the International Trade Commission.
- Initialing a lawsuit for an animal genetics company in an antirust and patent lawsuit in federal district court.
- Defending a large telecommunications technology company in a patent infringement matter relating to voice communications protocols in federal district court.
- Defending large oil and gas production companies in several patent infringement matters.
- Defending a genetics and reproduction services company in an antitrust and patent lawsuit in federal district court, before the PTAB, and before the Federal Circuit.
- Defending a major electronics company in a patent infringement matter against a competitor relating to HD television technology in federal district court.
- Defending a university in a complex patent inventorship dispute involving high-temperature superconducting compositions and materials in federal district court.
- J.D., Texas Tech University School of Law,cum laude, 2008
- B.S.E.E., University of Houston, magna cum laude, 2005
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
Rate : $$$$