Renee Choy Ohlendorf represents businesses and professionals in complex commercial matters, including business torts, products liability, wrongful death, unfair competition, class actions, and professional malpractice.
She is also experienced in litigating individual and class action claims involving violations of federal and state consumer protection and privacy laws, including the Telephone Consumer Protection Act (TCPA), Fair Debt Collection Practices Act (FDCPA), the Rosenthal Fair Debt Collection Practices Act (Rosenthal Act), the Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA), the Consumer Credit Reporting Agencies Act (CCRAA), and the California Invasion of Privacy Act (CIPA).
Additionally, Renee has successfully defended malpractice and breach of fiduciary duty actions against attorneys, architects, engineers, medical professionals, accountants, and real estate professionals.
Ms. Ohlendorf joined Hinshaw & Culbertson LLP as an associate in August 2005. While attending law school, Ms. Ohlendorf worked as a law clerk for the firm. She also served as a judicial intern to the Honorable William O. Maki, of the Circuit Court of Cook County, Chancery Division.
Representative Matters :
- Madden v. F.H. Paschen et al., 395 Ill.App.3d 362 (1st Dist. 2009) (affirmed summary judgment in favor of construction manager on grounds that construction manager owed no duty of care to school maintenance worker).
- U.S. v. Stewart, 191 Fed.Appx. 495 (7th Cir. 2006) (vacated and remanded district court decision that pro bono client’s confession was admissible, in a case of first impression involving the interpretation of the U.S. Supreme Court’s holding in Missouri v. Seibert, 542 U.S. 600 (2004), regarding police interrogation tactics).
Professional Affiliations :
- American Bar Association
- Los Angeles County Bar Association
- National Asian Pacific American Bar Association
- J.D., Illinois Institute of Technology Chicago-Kent College of Law, 2005
- B.A., with honors in Sociology, Sociology and Political Science, Northwestern University, 2001
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Central District of California
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of California
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of California
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Indiana
Rate : $$$