Ricardo Falcon is an associate in Mayer Brown’s Corporate & Securities practice based in Houston. His practice focuses on private equity corporate transactions, including financings, mergers and acquisitions, and on energy project development, with an emphasis on Latin America.
Prior to joining Mayer Brown, Ricardo worked in the Miami office of a leading international New York law firm, concentrating his practice on cross-border corporate and transactional matters. He also served as in-house counsel for one of the largest steel industry conglomerates in Latin America.
In this capacity, he served in Venezuela and Colombia and had responsibility for long-term agreements for the procurement of raw materials and services, agreements for the supply of oil well goods, field services and joint ventures in Central America, South America and the Caribbean, as well as other corporate and regulatory matters.
Ricardo earned his JD and LLM degrees from University of Pennsylvania Law School and served as International Editor of the University of Pennsylvania Journal of International Law. He also earned a MSc in Regulation from the London School of Economics and Political Science and a Bachelor of Laws degree (Abogado) from Universidad Católica Andrés Bello (Caracas, Venezuela).
- Universidad Católica Andrés Bello
- The London School of Economics and Political Science, MSc
- University of Pennsylvania Law School, JD
- Currently assisting a Japanese conglomerate in entering into a joint venture with a Canadian specialty chemicals company for a lithium mining venture in Argentina.
- Currently assisting a French International Oil Company in negotiating the acquisition of 5 polymer manufacturing facilities in Mexico and the U.S., valued at approx. USD 150.000.000.
- Currently assisting a U.S. trading and logistics company in coordinating a competitive process for the disposition of its Brazilian fuel distribution business, valued at approx. USD 200.000.000.
- Represented Petrobal Omega 1, LLC (U.S. operating subsidiary of PetroBal S.A.P.I de C.V., a Mexican private O&G company), as borrower, in entering into a USD 250.000.000 Reserve Based Loan (RBL) Credit Facility to finance its U.S. operations.
- Represented a leading Central American business group in its follow-on acquisition of remaining shares held by minority shareholders in a Central American sugar mill.
- Represented a leading U.S. telecommunications infrastructure company in the renegotiation of its wireless infrastructure master lease agreements and build-to-suit agreements with several Mexican mobile service providers.
- Represented Credit Suisse AG, Cayman Islands Branch as lead arranger in a US$150 million senior secured term loan facility to Softtek Integration Systems, Inc.
Rate : $$$