Richard Friedlander focuses his practice on construction, real estate, complex commercial litigation, and title and escrow disputes, as well as an active ADR practice. Mr. Friedlander is an experienced mediator and arbitrator handling matters in Arizona and throughout the Southwest.
Mr. Friedlander has mediated hundreds of disputes involving construction, real property, title, contract, bankruptcy, insurance, escrow, lending and other complex civil cases. He frequently is selected as an arbitrator (including acting as a panel chair in large multi-party disputes) for construction and commercial disputes.
In addition, Mr. Friedlander has been selected to be on the American Arbitration Association’s construction, commercial, mediation, joint venture and master mediation construction panels.
Mr. Friedlander’s construction practice generally involves large, complex, multi-party construction matters and the representation of owners (including public owners), design professionals, general contractors and subcontractors, and consultants in both court and ADR proceedings.
His construction experience includes a broad spectrum of commercial projects, including disputes involving highways, sewer/wastewater facilities, schools, hospitals, shopping centers, hotels, office buildings (public and private), jails, and airport projects. Mr. Friedlander has a broad background and experience in drafting and negotiation of construction contracts for all types of private, public and commercial projects.
- University of California, Berkeley, B.A., 1966
- Northwestern University School of Law, J.D., 1969
- Charter Member, Arizona Chapter of National Academy of Distinguished Neutrals
- Served as Judge Pro Tempore for both the Maricopa County Superior Court and Arizona Court of Appeals
- Chairman of the Arizona State Bar Disciplinary Committee for over 8 years
- American Arbitration Association’s – New Joint Venture Panel
Rate : $$$